Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I make lists of lists

My list-making has gotten out of control. As Sarah pointed out to me a bit ago, I made a list of the lists I made today. Hmmm, did that even make any sense? Lists are my friend. I feel like I accomplish something when I see a line crossed off. It helps with my anxiety. Here's the lists I made today.

Detailed cleaning to do list:
  • clean off kitchen counters
  • clean stove & oven
  • sweep & mop kitchen floor
  • clean out fridge
  • straighten up baker's rack
  • vacuum, sweep & mop living/dining room
  • clean off dining room table, window sill & end tables
  • dust all surfaces
  • straighten up bookcase & computer desk
  • straighten up toys & take some upstairs
  • clean couch cushions
  • Windex front & back doors
  • vacuum stairs & upstairs hallway
  • sweep & mop both bathrooms
  • clean toilets
  • clean vanity & mirror in upstairs bathroom

General to do list:

  • clean (duh, see above)
  • finalize menu (see below)
  • make shopping list (see farther below)
  • laundry
  • dishes
  • make a loose schedule (schedules are different than lists!)
  • color eggs
  • put basket together
  • borrow roaster from mom

Menu:

  • Ham
  • Lasagna
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Corn
  • Peas
  • Salad
  • Bread sticks
  • Cupcakes
  • Berry Buckle cake

Shopping list:

  • pineapple
  • cherries
  • ricotta cheese
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • milk
  • bagged salad
  • cherry tomatoes
  • salad dressing
  • cucumber

It's an illness, this compulsive list-making. The funny part is that I could have accomplished a lot more instead of first writing them, then typing them up. Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment