Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ice day?

Ethan's school is closed today, thanks to the icy roads this morning. Unfortunately, the automated system called to let me know this at 5:03 this morning and I never got back into a good sleep after that. It was especially sucky since I was up until after 12:30 last night. I lazed around watching news and playing Animal Crossing on my Nintendo DS in bed. Now I'm just killing time on Pogo until Joey's nap time in about half an hour. Then I neet to do a quick workout, shower and do some cleaning.

I just finished last night's leftovers for brunch. It's my absolute fave Bisquick recipe! I added my tweaks for you.

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup) * i also add 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt *i use 1 tsp seasoned salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs


1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.

2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.

3. In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.

4. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean




Oh, and over 49 hours with no smoking! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment