Sunday, January 4, 2009

Typical Sunday

It's Sunday, so that means cooking and baking here. I'm finally trying out my new, bigger crock pot. It has a 4 lb roast in it as I type, and it smells soooo goog in here! Of course, the apple cake I have in the oven might be helping. This is my very first roast, so we'll see how it turns out. I quarted a few potatos and threw them in as well.

Most Sundays find me making a big meal at home with my best friend Jill. Joel and her fiance Eric are out skating with Jill's brother Louis. I usually have enough food to feed an army ready for when they get back. It works out fine, the boys out playing while Jill & I cook, bake and watch football.

In other news, Joey is a demon child today. He is into everything he can't have. A long nap did nothing but give him more energy to be bad! He's currently trying to climb onto the computer desk.

Anyway, anyone want the apple cake recipe? Here ya' go!

Apple cake:

1 cup sugar
2 cups of chopped apples (about 3 apples)

Cover apples with sugar in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.

Then add:

1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together.

Spread in 8x8 baking dish for 35-40 minute at 350*


It's really easy and so yummy! We serve it slightly warm with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment